On Friday July 19th the Board of Trustees formally accepted the final draft proposal for the purchase of the Melbourne Heights Baptist Church on Taylorsville Road. There are still issues to be worked out primarily financing and planning and implementing the move.
Purchase of Melbourne Heights
- Purchase Price: The final price agreed to is $2,057,500 a reduction of $43000 from the asking price to cover the cost of some upgrades to the HVAC system and minor roof repairs on one section of the building.
- Mark Helm and Chuck Fulner are working with Mid-Southern Bank of Indiana to secure financing. This will entail the Board authorizing the movement of a portion of our foundation money as well as the funds from the generosity campaign to the new account to cover interest on the loan.
- Presently we have raised $54000 in our generosity campaign.
Selling Brook Street Location
- We currently have a Letter of Intent to sell to the property to the Kristy Love Foundation.
- The Kristy Love Foundation is a survivor-led, trauma-informed program that provides comprehensive services to women suffering from addiction, prostitution, and human trafficking. To find out more about this important organization go to http://thekristylovefoundation.org/
- The Board has submitted for the Foundations consideration a contract with the stated price of $800000.
- Current, The Executive Director has applied for a grant to cover a large portion of the purchase price and needed renovation and they will know by the end of September if they are to receive the grant.
- The Board was open to other offers but believed this was the best and most effective use of the space and provided the perfect space for the expansion of the Kristy Love Foundations work.
- In anticipation of the move to a new location and the emotional and spiritual impact it may have on everyone individually and collectively we are planning a workshop on September 7th and a Ceremony of Release on September 8th facilitated by Rev Greg Coles. (See flyer below).
- Tentative plans are being formulated for a series of grand opening events in the new facilitated. More will be written in the near future as dates and plans are better known.