Friday, March 20, 2020
Louisville Free Public Library eNews
Although we are closed, we want everyone to stay connected with LFPL!
If you have a library card with overdue fine-restrictions, if you have a library card that has expired or is about to, or if you are eligible for a library card but don’t have one yet, we want to make sure LFPL’s digital resources are available for you during the COVID-19 related closure. That’s why we have decided to temporarily make the following changes:
- New Library cards will be granted virtually – follow directions at www.lfpl.org/get-card.htm*
- Restrictions due to overdue fines and replacement fees have been lifted
- Expired and soon-to-be expired library cards are extended until June 1st
- All holds have been extended to 21 days so that your current holds will be here when we reopen
- Late fees are suspended at this time, don’t worry about returning materials to the Library until we reopen
For up-to-date information on the coronavirus COVID-19, go to kycovid19.ky.gov
*Please note, our phones are staffed Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., so it is important to sign up for a card today before 5 p.m. to use digital resources over the weekend.
Research your family history from home on Ancestry.com Library Edition, available now through April 30
Louisville Metro launches Lift Up Lou initiative to help citizens stay connected
Lift Up Louisville is designed to lift up our spirits during the fight against Coronavirus. Find fun ways to stay active, connected, and healthy at LiftUpLou.com.
And be sure to watch Lift Up Lou daily on Facebook for live programming at 9 a.m. (Health & Fitness), 11 a.m. (Education), and 4 p.m. (Music/Performance). The Libray will be hosting Facebook Live storytime on Lift Up Lou every Monday at 11 a.m. We hope to see you then!
Looking for more to do? LFPL now has more to offer!
Thanks to the generocity of a number of publishers and library service providers, LFPL is able to offer temporary access to more digital materials and online resources to help keep you informed, engaged, and entertained at this time.
- Free streaming movies for kids, courtesy of Kanopy Kids
- Access to more than 400 classic titles on eBook with no wait, courtesy of Overdrive -- look for “Always Available eBook Classics”
- PLUS, we always offer: Downloadable Audiobooks, eMagazines and Digital Comic Books, online learning with Lynda.com, Homework Help and Activities for Kids and Teens, and more at LFPL.org!